It’s tradition, don’t you think?
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
-Where do I even start? This was a BIG year: Survived and conquered New Jersey, launched the merch 'space, found myself in a small room with my favorite Hanson boys where we chatted/giggled/bonded, had front row for a Hanson show – right, a stupid but OH SO HUGE moment, successfully but unintentionally - and painfully - stayed awake for 40 hours straight, went to a special “club” in St Louis, and found myself in a mess of trouble repeatedly thanks to Angst and a particular batch of boys.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-I kind of did actually. I believe one of them was “Keep my eyebrows well groomed” and as vain as it sounds, it was really something I wanted to accomplish and I did. *throw confetti* The other 9 however I think were broken. Ooops.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-No one close but I did know of people who had babies this year. 2008 will always be known as the year of “baby fever”. I want a ton of kids one day. Adoption seems to be my best option at this point.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
-Yes. I’ve had deaths in the family before but nothing hit me as hard as my grandfather passing away this early fall. Every time I think my family makes progress towards getting past our grieving stage, we backtrack. It’s normal though I suppose. I generally don't talk about it because well, who wants to listen to me cry? No one I'm sure.
5. What countries did you visit?
-Does Jersey count? Ha. No countries visited…..unless you count the time I snuck inside Stroik’s suitcase when she went to Rome. Didn’t realize I was in there Jess? That’s okay, I was really stealth like.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in most of 2008?
-Maybe reciprocated love with anyone I’m head over heels for already. That would be nice. I’d like to move too. That would also be nice.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-There are but the one with the most humor attached to it: August 25th, 2008. My life was forever changed that day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-Hmmm. Perhaps what I’m doing today: leaving a comfort zone that I’ve become used to for the past 7 years. Moving on from a family and a life I’ve become so accustomed to is scary but I think it’s by far the BEST decision I’ve made for myself thus far. I’m quite proud and happy. I’m throwing caution to the wind! I’ll be broke but happy. Not a horrible way to live in my opinion.
9. What was your biggest failure?
-The fact that I didn’t accomplish the 1st thing on my new years resolution list. And that I really didn’t do anything to better my life. But that’s okay, I’m taking the steps I need now. Better late than never...even if I chose to wait to the last day of the year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-I don’t think I became TOO severely sick this year or suffered any real injuries. I’m often hurt or sick so nothing major really sticks out. That’s positive, right?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-It’s a toss up between my precious iPhone Dwight and my 35mm fish eye lens camera. Both are equally as wonderful.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- My uncles. The End.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-To gasoline, Subway sandwiches, and toll booths. Lots and lots of toll booths.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-I was pretty excited to venture to the East Coast in the beginning of the year and well, it seems that every month provided a new thing to become giddy about. I think almost everything I did that ended in disaster – aka leaving me with a broken heart – were the things I was most excited to do. Even though they always left me in shambles afterward, it was worth every minute.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
-HA. I was in love with Metro Station at the beginning of this year – you were too Angst, I know – so for sure, “Shake It’ is was the un-official song of the year just because we both racked up some serious play counts on it. Never mind the fact that I won’t want Trace within a 100 yard radius of me now...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Dare I say happier? I’m much happier overall.
ii. richer or poorer? I think I’m the same actually. *pats back*
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-Seen my favorite Stroik more. Between Jess going to Rome and moving back to Milwaukee, I really didn’t her face TOO much this year. Boo.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
-Maybe less worrying. I wish I did less worrying and less lusting.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
-Christmas is gooooone man. It didn’t feel like Christmas at all to me, actually all holidays this year seem pretty blah to me, but I think a lot of people are feeling that way this year. It’s been a hard year for many.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
- True love? Zero times because true love involves TWO people. Two. Not one lusting after another.
22. How many times did you fall in love at first sight AKA how many unrequited loves did you have?
-Ah this question is more like it. I’ve had only two great loves this year: my “celeb” crush: Jason Mraz and my real boy crush: Caleb. I wish I could remember who my real boy crush was before Caleb. Hmm. I think it was Michael Guy. Is Michael Guy a real boy? I can’t keep track anymore. OOOOOH snap, I remember my real boy crush before Caleb: it was Tom. Good for nothing Tom. *shakes fist*
23. What was your favorite TV program?
-LOST. Chuck. Dirty Jobs. Paris Hilton Is My New BFF. THE HILLS. Gossip Girl – but only at the beginning of the year. Ugly Betty.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-Indeed. Hate is a strong word but it’s well suited for that particular person.
25. What was the best book you read?
- *whispers* Twilight. LIES. The best book I think I read this year was “The Time Travelers Wife” but I didn’t do a lot of reading this year. I’m slowly seeping back into my old bookworm life with baby steps.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-They were not a NEW musical discovery after seeing them live, my eyes were opened up the incredible word of The Hives. How I really lived before is beyond me.
27. What did you want and got?
-Nothing. I wish pretty hard for somethings but never actually attained them. 2009 will be different.
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
-THE. DARK. KNIGHT. It made the biggest impression on me.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I turned *gulp* 24 years old. I spent in Milwaukee the night with Jason who serenaded me that night under the beautiful purple lights at the Eagles Ballroom and then went out with some of the best for dancing and top model fun. Crazy lighted floor = us on the floor posing for fly photos. Oh and we made Chris get up and dance and I got to see my most favorite Kuber. Always a good time.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-Knowing that I had moved on from high school with style and grace which is a lot farther than some people I used to know. Our “class reunion” really made me see that some things will NEVER change. I’ll always be the weird outsider that no one really knew. That’s fine. I am okay with that. However, I’m really sick of the, “OOOOOH Annalee you’ve changed to much! You look SO DIFFERENT” lines. What. Does. That Mean.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
-I wore what I wanted even if it made people scratch their heads. People in GB are so lame. My year was filled with sun dresses, oversized sunglasses, and scarves. Lots and lots of summer scarves.
33. What kept you sane?
-My iPod and my over active imagination. The two combined always created the most perfect escape from reality if I ever needed it.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-Barack Obama. He’s pretty fly and clearly I liked him the most since he’s been my #1 friend on myspace all year.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
- The #1 answer should be obvious (see question 4) but the least obvious answer: Old friends. In the wise words of LC, “You never stop missing a best friend”. Truer words have never been spoken. I still can't get over some things and I fear I never will.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
-Does Marc count? He’s by far the sweetest and nicest.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
- That life is what you make it and if you are unhappy, make the change. Take a deep breath and dive in head first. It’s the only way to make things better. Those words are cheap until you witness and experience it yourself.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
-”It’s a terrible thing to know what you want and to know you can’t have it at all” and *drumroll* “Just shake it”